Subject: Re(4): SMPTE TIME CODE
From: [email-masked] (Dave Barnard)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 95 22:34 BST-1

In-Reply-To: <Pine.3.89.9510091304.A21351-0100000@sheppard>

> Ya, I see your point, but I think its a little to much to ask for such a
> minor thing.  I mean, with a calculator or even pencil & paper (gasp) you 
> could figure that stuff out in about 10-20 seconds...

Well, implementing it would be a minor thing too, we're only 
talking about the method of counting frames, rather than actually 
implementing real SMPTE. Lightwave already calculates for NTSC and
PAL frame-rate differences.

As a videotape editor, I hate edit controllers that force you to
use only one time format, and I'd like Lightwave better if it didn't
either.

I want my computer to do the sums (which it is very good at) so I 
can concentrate on being creative (Jury's still out on that one...)

>---- Dave ----<

--
[email-masked] (Dave Barnard) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]